Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Women's Conference: What a Blast!

Leaving an hour later than expected we were on our way to Provo. It took us close to 12 hours to get there, due to the fact my mom tried to get arrested. Once we got to Provo we checked in to the dorms. My sister and Grandma had made our beds! My blanket was too short for the bed and had multiple holes. Thursday morning we were up and ready to run all over the BYU campus (my sister and I in matching colors.) Literally we ran from class to class. Our last class was the furthest. We decided to take the shuttle. Natalie was the line patrol and she proudly held her sign. All of our classes were great! Exhausted doesn't begin to describe how we felt. Maglebee's was our choice for dinner. Oh and it was so good...the fresh hot rolls! Friday was an exciting day we knew we were going to get to hear President Monson so we tried to keep our energy levels up so we could stay awake through his talk. It was all so wonderful to be able to sit and listen to these speakers and feel the spirit so strongly. I enjoyed spending time with my family and knowing that my girls were home safe with their dad!

3 comments:

Brandi Lyn said...

How FUN!! I've never been to the woman's comference, i'v always THOUGHT about it though. :) I bet it was so amazing hearing President Monson speak. I'm so jealous.

The Kahumokus said...

What a great weekend. I wasn't quite ready to come home (especially after a day like today). I honestly can't believe you posted the picture of me holding that sign. Next time I'm erasing pictures that I don't approve of off your camera!

Grandma Nelson said...

I cannot believe we packed so much in, in such a short amount of time. It was wonderful!