Monday, August 17, 2009

Ryan Truman Burr

We have a new baby in our family. Ryan Truman Burr was born on Saturday, August 15,2009 @ 5:31 am. He weighed 5 lbs 14 oz and was 19 in long. I went into labor at home and I was all alone. Chris was at work and the girls spent the night out at Lori's house. I called my neighbor when my contractions were 5 mins. apart and I thought we were going to the hospital to have them stop my labor (since I was only 34 weeks). She sped and ran a red light, but we got there safe. Chris showed up a few mins later and then checked me and I was already at a 7 and contractions 4 mins apart. My parents got there and Chris and my dad gave me a blessing. It took about an hour and I was ready to push. The doctor was still at home so they called him to come and when he got there we were having a baby. I gave it one huge push and out came Ryan. He gave us a nice big cry and the NICU team started working on him. They put him in my arms for half a second and then took him on his way. I was feeling great finally all the pain was over and my baby was in good hands. A few hours later I got to walk down and look at him. He looked great, but was hooked up to alot of machines. Every time we went to check on him things looked good and he was progressing. We had lots of visitors and the girls couldn't wait to see him. My mom brought them down to meet him on Sunday for family time. Brooklyn said "mom he looks pretty pretty tiny little cute!" I agreed to all of those things. He loves the sound of Chris' voice and opens his eyes anytime Chris talks to him. Chris and I came home Sunday...both very sad and heartbroken to be leaving our brand new little boy behind. I am very pleased though with the level of care he is being given at the hospital. We went back that night at about 10:00 and they let us hold him and feed him his first bottle. He ate it like a champ. Today he is looking good and strong. We love him so much. We are thankful for all of your prayers, they have been answered and he is doing wonderful. Hopefully he will be home in 2-4 weeks.

7 comments:

Chels Allred said...

I'm amazed at how you have such a great attitude about everything! I'm sure you didn't get an epidural, yet, you aren't complaining at all! You motivate me! Baby Ryan is precious! I hope you can take him home soon!! I can't believe he came so early!

Brandy Lynn said...

Congratz guys!!! Sounds like things are going well. You and Ryan our in our prayers. We love you and are excited to see your new little one, sometime!!!

Sammy said...

WOW! He's a pretty good size for being 6 weeks early - just how you want a little boy! He's adorable. Congrats!!

Crystal said...

Congrats! I'm so glad everything is going well. Hopefully, he'll be home with you soon. He is so adorable. Take care and let me know if you need anything.

The Kahumokus said...

Oh I love seeing new pictures of him! He looks so cute with his eyes open. Ryan and the rest of your family are in our prayers. Keep me updated!

barlows said...

Congrats to both you AND Chris. Melanie told me about sweet Ryan on Sunday and I'm so glad you posted pictures. He is a handsome l'il devil.

Please continue to update and let us know how he's doing.

Rebecca said...

Congratulations! He's so cute. I can't believe how early you had him! Glad he's doing good. If there's anything I can do to help you let me know. I know we don't live close but if your mom or Lori have the girls one day and need to go do something have them drop them off here for a while.