Monday, April 13, 2009

Our stay-cation!

My mom was telling me that stay-cations were out, but when vacations are expensive what do you do? You have a stay-cation anyways! Christopher took off to Virginia Beach for a week of dog training with Ruby and the girls and I played. We took turns staying with our three Las Vegas Grandma's and enjoyed every min! Grandma Burr took us a out to lunch and to play at the park, we also watched movies and had ice cream sundaes. I don't have pictures of any of that. It was so nice of her to take some time to play with me and the girls with a huge weeding coming at the end of the week!Grandma Truman has a cute little puppy, she really loves grandma and was a little jealous of the girls getting all of the attention. She got used to us by the time we had to leave!
Grandma Nelson took us on an adventure to the Bellagio. It was beautiful!
We saw the butterfly habitat. They have some huge butterflies! We had lunch and then went to see the chocolate waterfall!Day 2 at Grandma Nelson's house we went to the mall of course. She treated us to a ride on the merry-go-round. How nice of her!Hailey kept saying, "I want off!" I was ready to jump off too. I almost lost it.Grandma is training Brooklyn to be a great shopper.
Chris' brother Jeff got married on Saturday. Chris missed the wedding by about ten mins. He had gotten stuck in NC. He made it for the pictures and reception. Brooklyn smelling the flowers on the temple grounds!
The beautiful bride and groom just mins. after being married!
We also enjoyed Easter with lots of family!

Papa Burr was so cute to help Hailey. For not seeing them very much she sure loves him and Mama Burr!

Aunt Connie helping Brooklyn find some eggs!

Brooklyn, with some help from Uncle Paul, found the golden egg with money!!
Chris and Jason trying to bounce all the big kids. I'm surprised it didn't break!
All of the Truman's after a great egg hunt!


Brooklyn in all her glory. The Easter bunny brought her princess stuff.

Hailey found lots of eggs. She would have found more, but she realized they had candy and had to stop and eat!

4 comments:

Adventures in Healing said...

Are you kidding? As soon as Keller discovered there were candy in them he couldn't find them fast enough! He found more than Will. Your staycation sounds fun. Some of the hotels are having such good deals that I've been tempted to take the kids overnight on a Vegas Vacay. =) And I can't remember if I mentioned it before but congratulations on the boy!!!

The Kahumokus said...

Looks like a fun Easter. I loved seeing all the pics of the family!

Anonymous said...

I finally caught up on the blog. Loved the pictures, especially of the BOY! Love, Grandma

Taralee said...

That really stinks you had to change your name because I'm sure it's been a bit of work. Cute new name :)