Sunday, January 27, 2008

First Family Trip

Cliff (a friend from work) and Chris wanted to go snowboarding so we decided to make a family trip out of it. We hurried and got all of us packed up and in the car. About a half hour into our drive I remembered that my camera was still at the house. Dang it! I was so frustrated I wanted Chris to turn around, but we didn't because we had two sleeping girls. So that means drive and don't look back. We really enjoyed our trip it was freezing cold. Chris can testify to that. We had to hike in waist deep with our girls. After we got in Chris and Cliff were out in the snow for at least 3 more hours getting all of our stuff in. All he had on were his jeans and a sweatshirt. He's a pretty tuff guy! Tracy and I were inside with the kids trying to keep them warm because neither of us could keep the fire going. On Friday the guys headed out for the slopes and enjoyed their time up there. We came home on Saturday stopping to see lots of family. We got to see Brent and Seval in Cedar and then in St. George we saw Grandma and Grandpa Lundberg and then we saw Grandma and Grandpa Nelson. Brooklyn did a great job performing and showing off for everyone. What a girl! On our way to Vegas our trip got really interesting. Brooklyn threw up two different times. Oh yeah just imagine the smell. We had her naked on the side of the highway trying to get her in some clean warm clothes. She is such a good girl she never cried. All day today we have kept towels by her and close to the bathroom. I love my family and am so thankful for a patient husband.

6 comments:

Taralee said...

I'm glad you guys had a great time. It's always fun being able to get out and go somewhere. That's too bad Brooklyn got sick. In my present condition, I would have DIED if a kid threw up in the car. I can hardly stand the smell of ANYTHING anyway :) So see it could have been just a tad worst haha!

Unknown said...

I wish I lived in St. George so that you could've stopped to see me! It sounds like your trip was really fun!
even the puking!!

Grandma Nelson said...

No pictures? Darn!!! Glad you had a good trip.

Rebecca said...

I know how you feel. Makayla threw up in the car on our way to Idaho one time. We had to ride with the smell from St George to Idaho. Then, if that wasn't bad enough, she threw up on the way back too! HORRIBLE! I feel sorry for you!

Lindsay said...

Oh man! Poor Brooklyn and poor you guys having to clean up and then deal with the smell! It's so fun being a parent, huh? Too bad you didn't get any pictures, though! Friday at 5:30 sounds good... and we'll bring a dessert! Just let me know if we can bring anything else! Oh, and will you call me or e-mail me ( lmirandas04@aol.com ) with directions to your house? Thanks! See ya Friday!

The Kahumokus said...

Sounds like fun except for the cold part and the throw-up part. I hope she's better. Was she carsick?