Monday, December 1, 2008

Grandpa's Funeral



Wednesday morning we drove through the pouring rain to get to my Grandpa's funeral. It was a wonderful service and we got there in time to see him before they closed the casket. Brooklyn sang with the Great-Grand kids, I sang with the Granddaughters, and Chris was a Paul Bearer. It was great to have the family together. My Grandpa was a wonderful man. The service was a military service and they did a 21 gun salute and then each of the Grand kids got one of the shot gun shells. I am so proud of his service for our country!

3 comments:

The Kahumokus said...

Thanks for posting this. It helps me feel a little less left out.

Grandma Nelson said...

It was a great service! The picture of Brooklyn is touching. I shouldn't read your blog while sitting in the library waiting for a student. I'm sure the security guard is wondering why I'm tearing up. Oh, well. Let him wonder!

cat+tadd=sam said...

I love that pic of Brooklyn with Chris, so darling! So sorry about your loss.